Mussels with Bacon and Rapini
Delicious mussels cooked in white wine with chunks of bacon on a bed of rapini.
- 4 thick slices of crusty bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp steak spice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 med onion, halved ans sliced
- 2 cup red cherry tomatoes, whole
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 head of rapini
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- This is a very simple recipe. Par boil mussels and add in all ingredients at once, simmering until the shells fully open. Cover and serve with bread for an amazing app.
Bacon is great with everything.