Fragrant Steamed Mussels
Steamed mussels cooked in a white wine and fresh herb sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallott, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow, red or orange bell papper, seeded and sliced
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 sprig fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, miced
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 4 lbs freah mussels, rinsed and de-bearded
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc
- salt an pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1. Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat and add oil. Stir in shallot and cook for 1 minute.2. Add sprigs of herbs, garlic and mustard seeds.3. Add mussels, stirring once, then cover and let cook 1 minute.4. Add wine and immediately cover. Cook mussels until all are opened, about 3 minutes.5. Remove herb sprigs and pull out any mussels that have not opened. Season lightly and stir in butter and parsley.6. Spoon mussels into a large serving bowl (or serve in pot) and serve immediately.
We ship worldwide - simply message us for pricing and quantities.